Custom Bar Soap Overview
Custom Soap Time-Saving Tips
Cold-processed soap takes a long time. Custom bar soap takes eight weeks from the day your payment or deposit arrives. Custom liquid soap takes four weeks. Here are some possible trip-ups in the process that can slow things down even more and some tips for avoiding them.
- Whether it’s boxes or labels, this is the most frequent slow-down. Production doesn’t start until we have ETAs for all packaging elements.
- Make sure your packaging details are a priority. We can help.
- For us, natural standards are a given. For all customer-provided ingredients, we require a C of A and an MSDS, which vendors can supply.
- We also need verification of arrival date before production can start.
- Depending on price and availability, ingredients we order specifically for your soap can take time to arrive.
If any special order arrival will delay standard production time, we’ll let you know.
- Depending on the complexity of your logo, finalizing a stamp design can take time.
- Build time into your schedule for multiple versions, in case they’re necessary
- Whether we include you on our certification or you pursue certification for yourself, the certification process can take up to 90 days prior to production starting.
- We can negotiate the steps regardless of which direction you choose
- You are always welcome to provide your own shipping. We can provide the description information you’ll need.
- Bear in mind that we don’t handle logistics – scheduling , labels, or paperwork – for customer-provided shipping.
Wondering How to Start?
Contact UsThere is a lot that goes into a custom soap project. Contact us and we'll make sure you know everything you need to know.
Send us an email
Call Us: 406.728.7627
try samplesChoose between our two "ready-to-ship" sample packs, or call us to find out how you can create a custom test batch for your custom bar soap.
Formulate & ProduceFrom using your current scent blend to us helping you come up with a custom formulation, we'll make sure you get the bar you want! Custom test batches are also available.
How Our Contract Soap Production Works
- Minimum order for contract production is 360 bars per blend.
- Order in multiples of 360 (360, 1080, 2160, 2520, 10800, etc.)
- Standard bars are 4 oz. with dimensions of 3.5 x 2 x 1 (inches).
- Additional sizes (0.75 oz, 1 oz, 1.25 oz, 1.75 oz, 2 oz, 6 oz) are available. View batch sizes and minimums here
- Custom stamping/imprinting is available.
- Packaging options include recycled boxes (natural Kraft brown or white). For larger orders, we will help you source custom-printed boxes.
- Turnaround time averages 6-8 weeks from the completion of paperwork to the ship date.
- Each account is different. Contact us to see how we can help you.
Why Go With Botanie Soap?
- Low minimums. Only 360 bars per blend.
- Flexibility. Flexibility. Flexibility. Do you have 6 soaps to produce and need different quantities of each? No problem. Need 15,000 bars? No problem. Need a quick run of 360? No problem.
- Certified Organic Production. Botanie Soap is certified by the Montana Department of Agriculture in accordance with the USDA's National Organic Program standards.
- Production Partners. We have partners in the box-printing industry, in oils, essential oils, and transparent glycerin soap. When you become our customer, you gain access to unlimited options.
- Proven Production. Our custom soap clients include skin care brands, celebrities, Fortune 500 companies, and many others in between.
- Superior Customer Service. If you can find better customer service than ours, be sure to let us know. Contact us to see what we can do for you.