Are you ready to take control of your time and income in 2021? Starting an online business is a great way to do so! Owning an online business allows you to do all of the work from your own home and control the hours you are working, making it the perfect side gig or full time position. Once you decide to start your own online business, you need to decide what you are going to sell. At Botanie Soap, we sell white-labeled soap. That means that sellers purchase our soap, put their very own brand on it and sell it as their own! This opens up endless branding, pricing and selling opportunities. Here are five steps you can take to start your own online soap business today.
1- Order a Sample Pack
Our white-labeled soap comes in liquid, foaming and bar form and in a wide variety of scents. In order to help you decide which scents and forms are best for your soap business and brand, we offer three different sample sets with free shipping. Order one or more sample packs and take some time to use and test out our products.
2- Choose Your Scents and Quantities
Once you have ordered and received your sample pack, it’s time to choose which scents you would like to purchase and how much of each scent you should buy. Here are a few things to consider when choosing which scents you should sell in your online store:
- Who are your ideal customers? Different people might prefer different scents and colors.
- Do you sell other items as well? For example, if you also sell flip flops and beachwear, you might choose to sell soaps with floral, summer-like scents.
- Is your brand represented by specific colors? If your brand is all neutral colors, you might want to sell products that stick to that scheme.
After you decide which scents to purchase, you have to decide how much of each to buy. At Botanie we offer many different quantity options for all of our soaps. Here are a few things to consider when choosing how much soap to purchase for your initial inventory:
- Do you have existing customers? If so, you might be able to sell more soap quicker.
- How much room do you have in your home or office to store soap? Running a business from your home can limit the amount of inventory you have.
- How much do you want to invest in your business? Deciding how much money you want to spend to start your business will have an impact on how much soap you buy.
3- Set Up Your Website or Selling Platform
There are many options when it comes to setting up an online selling platform or ecommerce website. Read this article for more information on setting up a Shopify store, or visit this website to learn more about selling on Amazon.
4- Create and Implement a Marketing Plan
Once your website is set up and you are ready to sell, you will need to design and implement a marketing plan in order to get your product in front of potential customers. We do our best to help our white-labeled soap sellers find success, and one way we do this is by writing a wide variety of helpful blog articles. Here are three great articles to read about marketing your soap:
- Marketing Your Soap – The Big Picture
- Marketing Your Soap – How to Market to Stores
- How to Market Your Soap – Pieces of the Plan
5- Develop Packaging and Shipping Systems
Finally, once you are actually selling your soap, create packaging and shipping systems that save you time and energy. As a business owner and operator, there are so many jobs you have to do. If you can develop systems for the tedious and mundane tasks on your list you will enjoy operating your business much more. For example, this could mean automating shipping labels or simplifying your packaging.