There’s a problem with our 1-ounce bar soaps: They can seem like too much of a good thing. Even with their various mix-and-match scents — even with their world-class quality — you can still get stumped by the question of what exactly there is to do with 144 bars of soap.
Well, we’re glad you asked.
Ideas for Everyone
These aren’t just for people in the soap business, but they’re great ideas if you are. All the ways that 1-ounce bars can be used in personal lives are the basis of their appeal to your customers, as soaps to purchase or as samples and promotions for your primary products. They’re also the reason amenity soaps make such good promotional giveaways outside of the soap business.
So, whether you plan to use your 144 bars as a product or a gift-with-purchase, it’s important to understand all the different applications of soap in a person’s life — relating better to customers and offering them not just a bar of soap, but a bar of soap with an intention and idea.
All the Perfect Places for Soap
- Give them as gifts at bridal showers, banquets, family and class reunions, any occasion where thanks is given and guests are gathered at tables. Bars of soap are beautiful and useful complements to table centerpieces.
- Place them at sinks all over the house. One-ounce bars are a better size for many sinks and a better fit for many hands in the shower.
- Take them to work. Your coworkers and employees will appreciate the high-quality, organic contribution to the office bathroom.
- Take them to church.
- Take them to the family cabin. We use rosemary extract, a natural preservative, to extend the life of the soap so they’ll last between cabin trips.
- Carry them in purses and packs — you never know when you’ll be at a restaurant and the person in front of you gets the last pump of soap in the dispenser.
- Take them on the road and the trail. One-ounce bars make having the best soap possible wherever you go.
- Make them the perfect seasonal stocking stuffer.
- Donate them. Food banks and shelters are always in need of high-quality personal products. Far too often they’re stuck with whatever they can get — one-ounce bars are a great chance to make a big difference with a small product.
You’ll no doubt think of your own uses. The best ideas are those that address your market and situation. Here are three of ours:
- Give them out as gifts — it’s especially smart if you’re selling 4-ounce bars and want to get your high-quality soap into customers’ hands. Plus, your customers will be delighted!
- Use them as samples at trade shows and art fairs. Have them at your table, on display. Invite people to smell them — sensory marketing can be a powerful thing, especially in the soap business.
- Leave them with purchasers at stores and boutiques to promote your soap line.
Restaurants, Bed-and-Breakfasts and Event Marketing
Quality is an important part of all our businesses, but some — restaurants, hotels, B&Bs, event marketers — make it their singular selling point. If you’re in one of in those businesses, you should definitely:
- Have them at the sinks in your restaurants. Don’t undermine the quality you’re known for, your attention to detail, by having customers return from the restroom with the smell of cheap soap on their hands.
- Add a high-quality touch to B&Bs and hotels. Choose organic to be certain of quality. Be awesome to the last detail.
- Give them out as promotions at your next marketing event — trust us on this one. Every time people use the soap, they’ll think of you, and they’ll associate you with quality that’s beyond the expected.
Types of Hotel-Sized Soap Bars
There are two main types of hotel-sized soap bars to choose from: scented and unscented. Below is more information on each kind of soap and what they’re best used for.
Soaps that have fragrance oil added to them are considered to be scented, no matter how mild or strong the scent is.
There are endless possibilities when it comes to scented soaps, but everyone has their personal preferences. Some people prefer earthy or floral scents while others are partial to sweet and fruity aromas.
Scented hotel-sized soap bars are the ideal soap for farmers’ markets because they’re the perfect sample size. Additionally, it’s great to provide customers with a wide variety of scents that might appeal to them.
Rather than having just one or two scents, offering several scents to choose from increases the odds that patrons will find one that sticks with them, one they just can’t walk away from.
Unscented soap is made from the same exact ingredients as scented soap, just without the fragrance. It is as effective at cleaning and is usually preferred by people with sensitive skin. For this reason, and since some fragrances can be polarizing, it’s best to stick with unscented soap for Airbnb properties.
Order Wholesale Today
Whether you’re looking for samples to help sell soap at farmers’ markets or trying to be the best Airbnb host in town, it’s smarter to buy in bulk rather than individually. Since these bars are usually utilized by hotels, most soap manufacturers won’t sell them individually anyway.
The only downside to buying wholesale is that the minimum purchase amount may be more than what you need. However, with Botanie Soap, you can easily keep your business stocked for the future with soap samples in a wide variety of scents that appeal to everyone.
Botanie Soap uses high-quality, natural, and organic ingredients and offers a variety of scented and unscented bars of soap. And with low minimums, you can stock your Airbnb property for several months without breaking the bank. Order your soaps wholesale from Botanie Soap today!